Victim named after fatal A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday morning has been named by police.
The crash took place at around 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
Vasile Chiorean, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry, 55-year-old Jose Galdon-Donate, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and appeared at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court today by video link.
He will appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease