Victim named after fatal A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday morning has been named by police.
The crash took place at around 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
Vasile Chiorean, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry, 55-year-old Jose Galdon-Donate, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and appeared at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court today by video link.
He will appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange