Victim named after fatal A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday morning has been named by police.
The crash took place at around 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
Vasile Chiorean, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry, 55-year-old Jose Galdon-Donate, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and appeared at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court today by video link.
He will appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall