Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a car blaze on the M11 near Duxford.
The incident started just before 10.50am. One crew from Cambridge and one crew from Sawston were called to the car fire on the M11 northbound between Junction 10 for Duxford and 11 for Trumpington.
One lane of the stretch was closed while the incident was dealt with.
A Cambs Fire service spokesperson said "Crews arrived to find the vehicle well alight on the hard shoulder.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their stations by 11.40am.
"The cause of the fire was accidental."
Cambs County Council Highways reported that the incident was cleared by 12.15pm.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'