Free parking at Lister and New QEII extended again
- Credit: Alan Davies
Free parking at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City has been extended again, and will now be in place until the end of September.
The news comes following confirmation that government funding for the scheme will continue.
This means normal parking charges are due to be reintroduced from Thursday, October 1.
According to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, it “does not seek to make a profit from parking at any of our hospital sites”.
Any money made from car parks goes back into maintaining parking facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will also be extended one of the trust’s other sites, Hertford County Hospital.
The trust added: “Car parks can become very full at some of our sites, and we ask those attending to be a good neighbour and park responsibly.”
For specific parking information for each hospital site, go to enherts-tr.nhs.uk.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn