Free parking at Lister and New QEII extended again
- Credit: Alan Davies
Free parking at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City has been extended again, and will now be in place until the end of September.
The news comes following confirmation that government funding for the scheme will continue.
This means normal parking charges are due to be reintroduced from Thursday, October 1.
According to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, it “does not seek to make a profit from parking at any of our hospital sites”.
Any money made from car parks goes back into maintaining parking facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will also be extended one of the trust’s other sites, Hertford County Hospital.
The trust added: “Car parks can become very full at some of our sites, and we ask those attending to be a good neighbour and park responsibly.”
For specific parking information for each hospital site, go to enherts-tr.nhs.uk.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm