Free parking at Lister and New QEII extended again
- Credit: Alan Davies
Free parking at Lister Hospital in Stevenage and the New QEII in Welwyn Garden City has been extended again, and will now be in place until the end of September.
The news comes following confirmation that government funding for the scheme will continue.
This means normal parking charges are due to be reintroduced from Thursday, October 1.
According to East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, it “does not seek to make a profit from parking at any of our hospital sites”.
Any money made from car parks goes back into maintaining parking facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Free parking will also be extended one of the trust’s other sites, Hertford County Hospital.
The trust added: “Car parks can become very full at some of our sites, and we ask those attending to be a good neighbour and park responsibly.”
For specific parking information for each hospital site, go to enherts-tr.nhs.uk.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended