One person arrested after trespasser allegedly discovered on tracks at Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern and Thameslink services on the Hitchin line have reopened after one person was arrested for allegedly trespassing on the station’s tracks.
At around 9.30am today, Govia Thameslink alerted train users to disruption on the Hitchin line.
Initially, the train operator said delays were being caused after a passenger exited the train directly onto the tracks.
Later, they clarified on their Twitter account: “Following trespassers on the railway earlier today at Hitchin all lines have now reopened.
“We’re working to get services back on the move.”
You may also want to watch:
British Transport Police for Beds, Herts and Bucks confirmed that one person had been arrested and was in custody following the incident.
All services running through the station should now resume, but your journey may still be subject to residual delay.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn