Unfinished works delay trains between Hitchin and Royston
- Credit: Archant
Due to overnight engineering work not being completed on time, cancellations or delays are expected on the lines between Hitchin and Royston.
Great Northern and Thameslink rail announced that although most services are running as normal, some services have already experienced large delays and they predict some further delays of up to 20 minutes.
This will affect passengers at Hitchin, Letchworth Garden City, Baldock, Ashwell and Morden, and Royston.
The late-running engineering work, which was due to be ready between Royston and Baldock, is now complete.
However as carriages and crew aren’t in the right places due to the disruption, it will take time for the timetable to return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
The disruption is expected to continue until around 9am.
- 1 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 2 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 3 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 4 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 5 Young archaeologist Jake's delight at historic heath find
- 6 Lorry driver's dismay as 'booming' station announcements keep him awake after night work
- 7 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert