Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Commuters who travel by train can now use a flexible car parking pass at some East Anglian stations.
Rail operator Greater Anglia has rolled out its new parking pass at 23 station car parks in the region, including Whittlesford Parkway, Audley End, Cambridge and Chelmsford.
The ticket gives passengers eight parking sessions which can be used on any day - without the need to pre-book - up to 28 days after buying the ticket.
The arrangement matches the new Flexi Season ticket rolled out by the rail operator earlier this year.
Simone Bailey, of Greater Anglia, said: "As we all know, the pandemic has changed working patterns.
"With commuters expected to continue working from home for part of the working week, this flexible parking season ticket ideal."
Ticket prices vary at each of the 23 stations, the rail operator said.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 2 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 5 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
The pass can be used at:
- Audley End
- Bishops Stortford
- Cambridge North
- Harlow Town
- Hatfield Peverel
- Marks Tey
- Whittlesford Parkway