Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- Credit: Saffron Photo
Commuters who travel by train can now use a flexible car parking pass at some East Anglian stations.
Rail operator Greater Anglia has rolled out its new parking pass at 23 station car parks in the region, including Whittlesford Parkway, Audley End, Cambridge and Chelmsford.
The ticket gives passengers eight parking sessions which can be used on any day - without the need to pre-book - up to 28 days after buying the ticket.
The arrangement matches the new Flexi Season ticket rolled out by the rail operator earlier this year.
Simone Bailey, of Greater Anglia, said: "As we all know, the pandemic has changed working patterns.
You may also want to watch:
"With commuters expected to continue working from home for part of the working week, this flexible parking season ticket ideal."
Ticket prices vary at each of the 23 stations, the rail operator said.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
The pass can be used at:
- Audley End
- Bishops Stortford
- Cambridge North
- Harlow Town
- Hatfield Peverel
- Marks Tey
- Whittlesford Parkway