Great Northern train delays thanks to trespasser on the line
- Credit: Archant
Rail commuters are facing possible delays this evening thanks to a trespasser on the line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
Great Northern has stated that delays are expected until 7.30pm this evening after a trespasser was spotted on the railway line between Alexandra Palace and Stevenage.
All lines are now open but services through these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 15 minutes.
Great Northern states: “Reports have been received from the driver of 1544 Cambridge to King’s Cross that they have witnessed a trespasser on the line.
“A number of trains approached the section at caution to examine the line for the trespasser but no-one has been found.
“As a result, trains can now run at their normal speeds again however earlier congestion caused by the incident may cause some services to be delayed, altered or cancelled at short notice.”
- 1 Could you give these pets a home?
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market