Family pays tribute to 'loving father, husband and son' after fatal crash
- Credit: Cambs police
The family of a man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday has released a statement.
Vasile Chiorean, 48, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, was driving a Mitsubishi Shogun when he was involved in a collision with a lorry at around 3.45am.
Vasile, who was known as 'Cristian', sadly died at the scene.
His family said: "He was a loving father, husband and son with an infectious laugh and smile.
"There wasn't a room that he couldn't cheer up and I don't think anyone can say they've had a bad first impression of him.
"So many people will miss him and cherish him through the many great memories. Rest in peace Cristian."
Jose Galdon-Donate, 55, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
He appeared at Cambridge Magistrates' Court via video link today, and is due to appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.