Cyclist knocked off bike and verbally assaulted in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was knocked off his bike and verbally assaulted after a collision in Royston.
The cyclist was involved in a crash with a white Renault Trafic van on Old North Road, just off the A505 roundabout, at around 11.50am on Friday, February 5.
The crash knocked the victim off his bicycle, and the driver got out of his van and began verbally assaulting him.
PC Zak Watson, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information about the incident to get in touch.
"The van driver honked his horn during the collision so it’s likely to have caught the attention of those around at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we believe the incident was witnessed by a Tesco delivery driver who kindly stopped at the scene to assist.
"This person could have vital information and I urge them to come forward so we can find out more about what happened.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“Any information, no matter how small it might seem, could be really important for our investigation.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at email@example.com quoting crime reference 41/9714/21.”