Cyclist knocked off bike and verbally assaulted in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was knocked off his bike and verbally assaulted after a collision in Royston.
The cyclist was involved in a crash with a white Renault Trafic van on Old North Road, just off the A505 roundabout, at around 11.50am on Friday, February 5.
The crash knocked the victim off his bicycle, and the driver got out of his van and began verbally assaulting him.
PC Zak Watson, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information about the incident to get in touch.
"The van driver honked his horn during the collision so it’s likely to have caught the attention of those around at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we believe the incident was witnessed by a Tesco delivery driver who kindly stopped at the scene to assist.
"This person could have vital information and I urge them to come forward so we can find out more about what happened.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
“Any information, no matter how small it might seem, could be really important for our investigation.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting crime reference 41/9714/21.”