Cyclist knocked off bike and verbally assaulted in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s was knocked off his bike and verbally assaulted after a collision in Royston.
The cyclist was involved in a crash with a white Renault Trafic van on Old North Road, just off the A505 roundabout, at around 11.50am on Friday, February 5.
The crash knocked the victim off his bicycle, and the driver got out of his van and began verbally assaulting him.
PC Zak Watson, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information about the incident to get in touch.
"The van driver honked his horn during the collision so it’s likely to have caught the attention of those around at the time.
You may also want to watch:
“In particular, we believe the incident was witnessed by a Tesco delivery driver who kindly stopped at the scene to assist.
"This person could have vital information and I urge them to come forward so we can find out more about what happened.
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 7 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 8 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Royston
- 10 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
“Any information, no matter how small it might seem, could be really important for our investigation.
“If you can help, please call the non-emergency number 101 or email me at email@example.com quoting crime reference 41/9714/21.”