Recap: Cyclist taken to hospital after serious Baldock crash
- Credit: Google Earth
A cyclist was taken to hospital following a serious crash in Baldock town centre on Friday (April 1).
The crash, involving a lorry and bike, took place at around 7.58am.
The Magpas Air Ambulance attended the scene, and Hertfordshire Constabulary said that the cyclist - a woman in her 40s - had been injured.
Police closed the A507/B656 junction in Baldock town centre after the incident.
A police spokesperson earlier said: "Police were called at 7.58am to reports of a collision in Whitehorse Street, Baldock.
"The cyclist, a woman aged in her forties, has been taken to hospital seriously injured."
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called at 7.57am on Friday, April 1 to reports of a road traffic collision involving a lorry and a cyclist on Whitehorse Street in Baldock.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
"An ambulance, a senior paramedic in a support vehicle and the Magpas Air Ambulance attended the scene.
"The cyclist, a woman in her forties, was transported by land to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge for treatment."
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Hertfordshire traffic map.
Join our Hertfordshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Hertfordshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Hertfordshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org