Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Highways England
One of two lorries that crashed today on the A14 in Cambridgeshire overturned and shed its load onto the road..
The A14 westbound in Cambridgeshire is closed between J24b Swavesey Junction (Godmanchester, St Ives, Swavesey A1307; Boxworth, Cambridge) and J23 Ermine Street Junction.
Cambridgeshire Police are on scene along with Highways England Traffic Officers.
Road users caught within the closure are being released past the scene.
A diversion is in operation:
You may also want to watch:
Exit at J24b and follow the A1307 (old A14) westbound towards Godmanchester.
Exit at the junction with the A1198 at Godmanchester.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 3 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
At the roundabout take the first exit on to the A1198.
Follow this road south to J23 of A14.
Continue over the first roundabout at the junction
At the second roundabout take the second exit to re-join the A14 westbound.
Highways England say that if travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your route and allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media.