Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Highways England
One of two lorries that crashed today on the A14 in Cambridgeshire overturned and shed its load onto the road..
The A14 westbound in Cambridgeshire is closed between J24b Swavesey Junction (Godmanchester, St Ives, Swavesey A1307; Boxworth, Cambridge) and J23 Ermine Street Junction.
Cambridgeshire Police are on scene along with Highways England Traffic Officers.
Road users caught within the closure are being released past the scene.
A diversion is in operation:
Exit at J24b and follow the A1307 (old A14) westbound towards Godmanchester.
Exit at the junction with the A1198 at Godmanchester.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 4 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 5 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
At the roundabout take the first exit on to the A1198.
Follow this road south to J23 of A14.
Continue over the first roundabout at the junction
At the second roundabout take the second exit to re-join the A14 westbound.
Highways England say that if travelling towards this area from much farther afield, you may wish to change your route and allow extra travel time and follow guidance from our on-road variable message signs and media.