Traffic update for motorists in Cambridgeshire and on motorways around Crow country
Motorists in Cambridgeshire heading for the A1126 in Huntingdon on Friday morning are being warned to expect delays around the Spittals Interchange after an accident between a car and a lorry on the roundabout. On the A41 Thrapston Road, Brampton eastboun
Motorists in Cambridgeshire heading for the A1126 in Huntingdon on Friday morning are being warned to expect delays around the Spittals Interchange after an accident between a car and a lorry on the roundabout.
On the A41 Thrapston Road, Brampton eastbound between junction 21 of the A1 and junction 22 with the B1514 also expect delays following an accident between a bus and a lorry. One lane is also blocked on Heath Road at Warboys by a broken down lorry.
Heavy traffic is reported on the A1 (M) southbound between junction 8 and 7 at Stevenage. Traffic is also slow between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the A1 further south on the Barnet By-Pass there is queuing traffic southbound between Stirling Corner and the Watford By-Pass in Borehamwood.
There are the usual problems on the M25 with slow traffic through the road works area between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood where there is a 50mph speed limit. There is also queuing traffic between junction 20 at Kings Langley and junction 18.
Motorists can also expect delays on the M11 both ways between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 Saffron Walden because of a contraflow system around the road works area.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Sign up to Rainbow Run in aid of our hospitals
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
On the M1 motorists can expect delays between junction 10 with the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 with Flitwick and one lane is blocked southbound at junction 11 following an accident between a car and a lorry and there is congestion back to the Bedford slip road at junction 13.
On the A6 at Souldrop the road is blocked both ways due to an accident.