Traffic chaos in and around Stevenage on Monday morning
Motorists faced slow journeys in and around Stevenage on Monday morning during the rush hour. There are reports of very slow traffic on the A602 Hitchin Road both ways around Ingleside Drive in Stevenage. There is heavy traffic on Six Hills Way at the jun
Motorists faced slow journeys in and around Stevenage on Monday morning during the rush hour.
There are reports of very slow traffic on the A602 Hitchin Road both ways around Ingleside Drive in Stevenage. There is heavy traffic on Six Hills Way at the junction with the B197 London Road in the town.
Traffic was almost at a standstill southbound on the A1 (M) around Stevenage between junction 8 at Coreys Mills and junction 7.
There is also slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the M25 a speed restriction of 50mph remains between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood so motorists are being warned to expect delays. There is also slow moving traffic between junction 22 St Albans and junction 18 Chorley Wood.
On the M1 there is a contraflow around road works both ways between junction 10 at Luton Airport and junction 12 at Flitwick.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 3 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 4 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 5 Stevenage's Lister Hospital changes maternity visiting guidance
- 6 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
On the M11 in Essex traffic is slow around road works between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 with Saffron Walden.
On the A10 northbound at the A1170 Great Cambridge Road the road is closed due to an overturned vehicle.
In Cambridgeshire there are reports of slow moving traffic on the A1307 Babraham Road in Cambridge northbound between Hinton Way and Nightingale Avenue and in Trumpington there is heavy traffic on Hauxton Road and the High Street northbound between Cambridge south and the A1134 Long Road and ontheM11 there is queueing traffic on the exit slip road