Traffic chaos in and around Stevenage on Monday morning
Motorists faced slow journeys in and around Stevenage on Monday morning during the rush hour. There are reports of very slow traffic on the A602 Hitchin Road both ways around Ingleside Drive in Stevenage. There is heavy traffic on Six Hills Way at the jun
Motorists faced slow journeys in and around Stevenage on Monday morning during the rush hour.
There are reports of very slow traffic on the A602 Hitchin Road both ways around Ingleside Drive in Stevenage. There is heavy traffic on Six Hills Way at the junction with the B197 London Road in the town.
Traffic was almost at a standstill southbound on the A1 (M) around Stevenage between junction 8 at Coreys Mills and junction 7.
There is also slow moving traffic on the A1 (M) between junction 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel.
On the M25 a speed restriction of 50mph remains between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 at Chorley Wood so motorists are being warned to expect delays. There is also slow moving traffic between junction 22 St Albans and junction 18 Chorley Wood.
On the M1 there is a contraflow around road works both ways between junction 10 at Luton Airport and junction 12 at Flitwick.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 5 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 6 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 Churches thank women who took on extra work to help run parish
- 9 Scouts stay true to the letter as Royston tradition returns
- 10 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
On the M11 in Essex traffic is slow around road works between junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 with Saffron Walden.
On the A10 northbound at the A1170 Great Cambridge Road the road is closed due to an overturned vehicle.
In Cambridgeshire there are reports of slow moving traffic on the A1307 Babraham Road in Cambridge northbound between Hinton Way and Nightingale Avenue and in Trumpington there is heavy traffic on Hauxton Road and the High Street northbound between Cambridge south and the A1134 Long Road and ontheM11 there is queueing traffic on the exit slip road