Town-twinning going from strength-to-strength
THE link between Royston and its German twin-town was described as an enduring partnership . Speaking at a reception on Sunday for a delegation from Grossalmerode, the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, said: The twinning between our two communities sim
THE link between Royston and its German twin-town was described as "an enduring partnership".
Speaking at a reception on Sunday for a delegation from Grossalmerode, the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, said: "The twinning between our two communities simply goes from strength-to-strength.
"Over the past 30 years it has become an enduring partnership," she said.
David Gray, chairman of the Royston Twinning Association, said after Grossalmerode had been given a red postbox there was now a "rumour" that it was looking for a British telephone box.
You may also want to watch:
He said he could not provide one at the moment but presented Grossalmerode's mayor Andreas Nickol and town-twinning chairman Angela Fischer with a picture which had been embroidered by Pam Robinson.
During the visit the party from Grossalmerode went to Ely Cathedral and Windsor Castle.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses