Town-twinning going from strength-to-strength
THE link between Royston and its German twin-town was described as an enduring partnership . Speaking at a reception on Sunday for a delegation from Grossalmerode, the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, said: The twinning between our two communities sim
THE link between Royston and its German twin-town was described as "an enduring partnership".
Speaking at a reception on Sunday for a delegation from Grossalmerode, the Mayor of Royston, Cllr Lynn Berry, said: "The twinning between our two communities simply goes from strength-to-strength.
"Over the past 30 years it has become an enduring partnership," she said.
David Gray, chairman of the Royston Twinning Association, said after Grossalmerode had been given a red postbox there was now a "rumour" that it was looking for a British telephone box.
You may also want to watch:
He said he could not provide one at the moment but presented Grossalmerode's mayor Andreas Nickol and town-twinning chairman Angela Fischer with a picture which had been embroidered by Pam Robinson.
During the visit the party from Grossalmerode went to Ely Cathedral and Windsor Castle.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab