Town tops recycling league
DOING its bit for the environment, Buntingford has topped the recycling league in East Herts. A survey by East Herts District Council found that 71 per cent of homes in the town regularly use green recycling boxes. Buntingford town clerk Jill Jones said:
DOING its bit for the environment, Buntingford has topped the recycling league in East Herts.
A survey by East Herts District Council found that 71 per cent of homes in the town regularly use green recycling boxes.
Buntingford town clerk Jill Jones said: "We are delighted that we are reaching such great targets.
"It is a fantastic achievement for the people in Bunting-ford."
You may also want to watch:
A survey of 690 nine to 18- year-olds carried out by Buntingford Town Council showed that 82 per cent of those questioned said Yes they did recycle.
The district council survey also found that only 65 per cent of paper was being recycled in the area, 57 per cent of glass, and less than a third of cans.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The council has launched a campaign to help people make the most out of recycling.
Advisors will be visiting residents to talk about the use of green recycling boxes.
Council leader Cllr Tony Jackson said: "If people have a better understanding of the materials they can put in their boxes, we hope overall rates of recycling will improve.