Town to have second farmers' market
A SECOND outdoor farmers market is to be set up in Royston. It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months. The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activ
A SECOND outdoor farmers' market is to be set up in Royston.
It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months.
The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activity.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said that about 10 traders had already booked stalls for the market.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to the change of day we will not necessarily have all the traders who used to attend the indoor market," she said, adding that the usual Saturday market traders were supporting the initiative.
The usual farmers market on the first Sunday of the month will continue.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
The Italian market will return to Royston on Sunday, October 19, with about a dozen traders setting up stalls.
This will be the seventh time the Italian market has been run in Royston - and it is intended to make it a twice-a-year event.