Town to have second farmers' market
A SECOND outdoor farmers market is to be set up in Royston. It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months. The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activ
A SECOND outdoor farmers' market is to be set up in Royston.
It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months.
The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activity.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said that about 10 traders had already booked stalls for the market.
"Due to the change of day we will not necessarily have all the traders who used to attend the indoor market," she said, adding that the usual Saturday market traders were supporting the initiative.
The usual farmers market on the first Sunday of the month will continue.
- 1 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The Italian market will return to Royston on Sunday, October 19, with about a dozen traders setting up stalls.
This will be the seventh time the Italian market has been run in Royston - and it is intended to make it a twice-a-year event.