Town to have second farmers' market
A SECOND outdoor farmers market is to be set up in Royston. It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months. The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activ
A SECOND outdoor farmers' market is to be set up in Royston.
It will replace the indoor market that has been running at Royston Town Hall for the past 18 months.
The new venture will be introduced on Saturday, October 18, as part of the usual market activity.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said that about 10 traders had already booked stalls for the market.
You may also want to watch:
"Due to the change of day we will not necessarily have all the traders who used to attend the indoor market," she said, adding that the usual Saturday market traders were supporting the initiative.
The usual farmers market on the first Sunday of the month will continue.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The Italian market will return to Royston on Sunday, October 19, with about a dozen traders setting up stalls.
This will be the seventh time the Italian market has been run in Royston - and it is intended to make it a twice-a-year event.