Town to get Sure Start children's centre by 2010
A SURE START children s centre is to be set up in Royston. The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families. It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010. Ja
A SURE START children's centre is to be set up in Royston.
The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families.
It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010.
Jane Pitman, lead member for Children's Services at Hertfordshire County Council, said: "What makes children's centres so special is that they offer a support network for families in informal child-friendly settings in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a real achievement that we are on course to achieve our goal of establishing a children's centre for every community by 2010, and speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved."
The centres, which have been developed by the Government provide support and help in finding childcare, family support and health services.
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 4 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 5 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 6 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 7 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 8 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 9 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
They also offer employment advice and host drop-in sessions.