Town to get Sure Start children's centre by 2010
A SURE START children s centre is to be set up in Royston. The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families. It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010. Ja
A SURE START children's centre is to be set up in Royston.
The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families.
It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010.
Jane Pitman, lead member for Children's Services at Hertfordshire County Council, said: "What makes children's centres so special is that they offer a support network for families in informal child-friendly settings in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a real achievement that we are on course to achieve our goal of establishing a children's centre for every community by 2010, and speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved."
The centres, which have been developed by the Government provide support and help in finding childcare, family support and health services.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
They also offer employment advice and host drop-in sessions.