Town to get Sure Start children's centre by 2010
A SURE START children s centre is to be set up in Royston. The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families. It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010. Ja
A SURE START children's centre is to be set up in Royston.
The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families.
It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010.
Jane Pitman, lead member for Children's Services at Hertfordshire County Council, said: "What makes children's centres so special is that they offer a support network for families in informal child-friendly settings in their local area.
"It's a real achievement that we are on course to achieve our goal of establishing a children's centre for every community by 2010, and speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved."
The centres, which have been developed by the Government provide support and help in finding childcare, family support and health services.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
They also offer employment advice and host drop-in sessions.