Town to get Sure Start children's centre by 2010
A SURE START children s centre is to be set up in Royston. The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families. It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010. Ja
A SURE START children's centre is to be set up in Royston.
The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families.
It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010.
Jane Pitman, lead member for Children's Services at Hertfordshire County Council, said: "What makes children's centres so special is that they offer a support network for families in informal child-friendly settings in their local area.
"It's a real achievement that we are on course to achieve our goal of establishing a children's centre for every community by 2010, and speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved."
The centres, which have been developed by the Government provide support and help in finding childcare, family support and health services.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
They also offer employment advice and host drop-in sessions.