Town to get Sure Start children's centre by 2010
A SURE START children s centre is to be set up in Royston. The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families. It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010. Ja
A SURE START children's centre is to be set up in Royston.
The centre, which will be based at Roman Way School, will bring together a whole range of services for young children and their families.
It is hoped the centre will be up and running by 2010.
Jane Pitman, lead member for Children's Services at Hertfordshire County Council, said: "What makes children's centres so special is that they offer a support network for families in informal child-friendly settings in their local area.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a real achievement that we are on course to achieve our goal of establishing a children's centre for every community by 2010, and speaks volumes for the enthusiasm and commitment of everyone involved."
The centres, which have been developed by the Government provide support and help in finding childcare, family support and health services.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
They also offer employment advice and host drop-in sessions.