Town band’s charity donation
ROYSTON Town Band made a donation of funds raised over Christmas to a local charity last week.
The Frank Letts Blind Fellowship of Royston received �600 from the band on January 19, who collected the money through carol playing and concerts.
Secretary of the Fellowship Bridget Matthews said: “We would like to thank the members of Royston Town Band for this marvellous donation which will mean so much for our organisation.
“We have members from a wide area round Royston and most of our costs are incurred when transporting them to our meetings, held at the Heath Sports Centre, and the �600 will go a long way towards funding this.”
Band members were delighted they were able to make the donation, considering the low numbers at Christmas concerts due to the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the band, call Roger Simons on 01763 246929.
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 6 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 7 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 PCC funding boost sees defibrillators installed across Herts