Town band’s charity donation
ROYSTON Town Band made a donation of funds raised over Christmas to a local charity last week.
The Frank Letts Blind Fellowship of Royston received �600 from the band on January 19, who collected the money through carol playing and concerts.
Secretary of the Fellowship Bridget Matthews said: “We would like to thank the members of Royston Town Band for this marvellous donation which will mean so much for our organisation.
“We have members from a wide area round Royston and most of our costs are incurred when transporting them to our meetings, held at the Heath Sports Centre, and the �600 will go a long way towards funding this.”
Band members were delighted they were able to make the donation, considering the low numbers at Christmas concerts due to the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the band, call Roger Simons on 01763 246929.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm