Top geography award for Tom
A FREMAN College pupil has been recognised for outstanding performance in one of his GCSE subjects. Tom Armond, pictured, was awarded an Excellence in Geography by the Royal Geographic Society with IBG. He said: I was really pleased to find out I d won
A FREMAN College pupil has been recognised for outstanding performance in one of his GCSE subjects.
Tom Armond, pictured, was awarded an Excellence in Geography by the Royal Geographic Society with IBG.
He said: "I was really pleased to find out I'd won the award. It felt like all my hard work had really paid off."
The award is granted only to the highest achievers in the subject in both A-level and GCSE exams.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Brace, head of education and outdoor learning at the RGS-IBG, said: "The Royal Geographic Society with IBG is delighted to give Tom an award for his achievement as one of this year's best geography students."
Tom, who is now studying for his A-levels at the school, received a cash prize, along with a certificate signed by the director of the Royal Geographic Society, Dr Rita Gardner.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The award is designed to promote interest in geography by recognising and rewarding the most outstanding performers each year.