Top baby names in Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Olivia were the most popular names for babies registered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Registration Service in 2014.
Other popular names chosen by parents included Sophia, Isabella and Emily for girls; and Samuel, Henry and Jack for boys.
Cabinet member for the registration service Councillor Richard Thake said: “It’s always fascinating to see what names are chosen. In the last year we have seen the revival of some older names such as Ava and Elsie for girls and Noah for boys.
“I was also interested to see the name Logan used for both boys and girls.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show