Top baby names in Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Olivia were the most popular names for babies registered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Registration Service in 2014.
Other popular names chosen by parents included Sophia, Isabella and Emily for girls; and Samuel, Henry and Jack for boys.
Cabinet member for the registration service Councillor Richard Thake said: “It’s always fascinating to see what names are chosen. In the last year we have seen the revival of some older names such as Ava and Elsie for girls and Noah for boys.
“I was also interested to see the name Logan used for both boys and girls.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'