Top baby names in Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Olivia were the most popular names for babies registered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Registration Service in 2014.
Other popular names chosen by parents included Sophia, Isabella and Emily for girls; and Samuel, Henry and Jack for boys.
Cabinet member for the registration service Councillor Richard Thake said: “It’s always fascinating to see what names are chosen. In the last year we have seen the revival of some older names such as Ava and Elsie for girls and Noah for boys.
“I was also interested to see the name Logan used for both boys and girls.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn