Top baby names in Hertfordshire revealed
- Credit: Archant
Oliver and Olivia were the most popular names for babies registered by Hertfordshire County Council’s Registration Service in 2014.
Other popular names chosen by parents included Sophia, Isabella and Emily for girls; and Samuel, Henry and Jack for boys.
Cabinet member for the registration service Councillor Richard Thake said: “It’s always fascinating to see what names are chosen. In the last year we have seen the revival of some older names such as Ava and Elsie for girls and Noah for boys.
“I was also interested to see the name Logan used for both boys and girls.
“Whatever choice parents make, they can celebrate the birth and naming of their child at a civil naming ceremony organised by Hertfordshire’s Registration Service.
You may also want to watch:
“It is an ideal way for parents to formally name their child and welcome them into the family.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange