Toddler raises over �500 for charity
A TODDLER has raised over �500 for a hospice which cared for a family friend who lost a battle against cancer.
Ruby Wallington of Tower Close, Bassingbourn, took part in The Garden House Hospice’s Toddlethon at Letchworth Leisure Centre.
The three-year-old’s mother Jane said: “She raised the money by telling everyone at her school about it and with her being three I have done quite a bit of the fundraising, and the family have helped as well.”
Ruby took part in memory of Barbara Sadler, 55, of Meldreth, who died on Christmas Eve 2010, after having been diagnosed with the disease four months earlier, and having spent time at the hospice.
“She didn’t have any grandchildren, and when Ruby and her little sister Jessica visited it would make her day, it would brighten up the room for her,” said Jane, 27.
You may also want to watch:
I told Ruby about this and she wanted to do it. I’m really proud of her. ”
“It was more of a fun thing for her. There wasn’t any pressure to get round, and she spent as long as possible on the trampoline.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 4 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 10 Pupils become journalists for class topic
Ruby raised �556 at the event, which was specially designed for youngsters, and saw them complete laps of a gymnastic circuit.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser for the hospice, said: “I want to thank everyone and say how grateful we are to all the children who took part.
“They pledged �2200 on the day, and they all had a good time.
“For Ruby to raise so much money is wonderful, so thank you to everyone who sponsored her.”
Donations can still be made at www.justgiving.com/rubyjoy