Toddler raises over �500 for charity
A TODDLER has raised over �500 for a hospice which cared for a family friend who lost a battle against cancer.
Ruby Wallington of Tower Close, Bassingbourn, took part in The Garden House Hospice’s Toddlethon at Letchworth Leisure Centre.
The three-year-old’s mother Jane said: “She raised the money by telling everyone at her school about it and with her being three I have done quite a bit of the fundraising, and the family have helped as well.”
Ruby took part in memory of Barbara Sadler, 55, of Meldreth, who died on Christmas Eve 2010, after having been diagnosed with the disease four months earlier, and having spent time at the hospice.
“She didn’t have any grandchildren, and when Ruby and her little sister Jessica visited it would make her day, it would brighten up the room for her,” said Jane, 27.
You may also want to watch:
I told Ruby about this and she wanted to do it. I’m really proud of her. ”
“It was more of a fun thing for her. There wasn’t any pressure to get round, and she spent as long as possible on the trampoline.”
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
Ruby raised �556 at the event, which was specially designed for youngsters, and saw them complete laps of a gymnastic circuit.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser for the hospice, said: “I want to thank everyone and say how grateful we are to all the children who took part.
“They pledged �2200 on the day, and they all had a good time.
“For Ruby to raise so much money is wonderful, so thank you to everyone who sponsored her.”
Donations can still be made at www.justgiving.com/rubyjoy