Toddler raises over �500 for charity
A TODDLER has raised over �500 for a hospice which cared for a family friend who lost a battle against cancer.
Ruby Wallington of Tower Close, Bassingbourn, took part in The Garden House Hospice’s Toddlethon at Letchworth Leisure Centre.
The three-year-old’s mother Jane said: “She raised the money by telling everyone at her school about it and with her being three I have done quite a bit of the fundraising, and the family have helped as well.”
Ruby took part in memory of Barbara Sadler, 55, of Meldreth, who died on Christmas Eve 2010, after having been diagnosed with the disease four months earlier, and having spent time at the hospice.
“She didn’t have any grandchildren, and when Ruby and her little sister Jessica visited it would make her day, it would brighten up the room for her,” said Jane, 27.
You may also want to watch:
I told Ruby about this and she wanted to do it. I’m really proud of her. ”
“It was more of a fun thing for her. There wasn’t any pressure to get round, and she spent as long as possible on the trampoline.”
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 7 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 8 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
Ruby raised �556 at the event, which was specially designed for youngsters, and saw them complete laps of a gymnastic circuit.
Jo Wiffen, community fundraiser for the hospice, said: “I want to thank everyone and say how grateful we are to all the children who took part.
“They pledged �2200 on the day, and they all had a good time.
“For Ruby to raise so much money is wonderful, so thank you to everyone who sponsored her.”
Donations can still be made at www.justgiving.com/rubyjoy