Thumbs up for drop in art
FAMILIES dropped in for art workshops in Royston during the Easter holidays. The sessions, which took place in the Market Hill Rooms, gave visitors the chance to try out a range of art techniques. Royston Youth Network, which is a partnership of agencie
FAMILIES dropped in for art workshops in Royston during the Easter holidays.
The sessions, which took place in the Market Hill Rooms, gave visitors the chance to try out a range of art techniques.
Royston Youth Network, which is a partnership of agencies involved in youth work, organised the scheme.
Cathy Curtis, Extended School's Co-ordinator for Royston, said: "The drop in Art has proved to be very popular, with the age of participants ranging from five to 15.
"Several parents have told me their kids absolutely loved the activities," she said.
Cathy also thanked the Rotary Club of Royston and the Royston Round Table for their "fantastic" financial support.
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 9 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
The first workshop saw an artist from Letchworth Art Centre showed the children and young people how to make Dream Catchers, which are said to stop you having bad dreams, and Bows and arrows using willows.
Some of the teenagers progressed to making a life size sculpture of a person using willows.
Further sessions took place involving making mosaics and producing graffiti-style art.