Three vehicle crash on A428 at Elitsley causing traffic congestion
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire. There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire.
There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works.
Slow traffic is also reported both ways on the A602 Six Hills Way, Stevenage, at the B197 London Road.
Problem black spots on the M25 continue to cause traffic congestion between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood in Hertfordshire and clockwise at junction 14 for London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
You may also want to watch:
There is also slow and heavy traffic on the A505 in Vauxhall Way, Luton, eastbound between the A5228 Hitchin Road and the B655 Pirton Road in the road works area.
On the M1 there is a contraflow causing slow moving traffic between junction 10 at the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick. There is also queuing traffic northbound between junction 8 at Hemel Hempstead and junction 11 at Dunstable.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
On the M11 in Essex drivers are warned of possible delays around junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden.
In Cambridgeshire the B1040 St Ives Road and the A1198 Ermine Street South is closed both ways at the A428 in Eltisley due to a three vehicle accident and diversions are in operation.
On the A14 at junction 32 westbound with the B1049 Cambridge Road, one lane is blocked because of a broken down car at the Histon Interchange and there is congestion back to Fen Ditton.