Three vehicle crash on A428 at Elitsley causing traffic congestion
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire. There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire.
There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works.
Slow traffic is also reported both ways on the A602 Six Hills Way, Stevenage, at the B197 London Road.
Problem black spots on the M25 continue to cause traffic congestion between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood in Hertfordshire and clockwise at junction 14 for London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
You may also want to watch:
There is also slow and heavy traffic on the A505 in Vauxhall Way, Luton, eastbound between the A5228 Hitchin Road and the B655 Pirton Road in the road works area.
On the M1 there is a contraflow causing slow moving traffic between junction 10 at the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick. There is also queuing traffic northbound between junction 8 at Hemel Hempstead and junction 11 at Dunstable.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
On the M11 in Essex drivers are warned of possible delays around junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden.
In Cambridgeshire the B1040 St Ives Road and the A1198 Ermine Street South is closed both ways at the A428 in Eltisley due to a three vehicle accident and diversions are in operation.
On the A14 at junction 32 westbound with the B1049 Cambridge Road, one lane is blocked because of a broken down car at the Histon Interchange and there is congestion back to Fen Ditton.