Three vehicle crash on A428 at Elitsley causing traffic congestion
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire. There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works
TRAFFIC remains heavy northbound on the A1 (M) on Wednesday night between junction 6 at Welwyn and junction 7 at Stevenage after a vehicle fire.
There is also congestion on the A1 (M) between junctions 4 and 3 either side of the Hatfield Tunnel road works.
Slow traffic is also reported both ways on the A602 Six Hills Way, Stevenage, at the B197 London Road.
Problem black spots on the M25 continue to cause traffic congestion between junction 16 with the M40 and junction 18 Chorley Wood in Hertfordshire and clockwise at junction 14 for London Heathrow Airport Terminal 4 and junction 17 at Maple Cross.
There is also slow and heavy traffic on the A505 in Vauxhall Way, Luton, eastbound between the A5228 Hitchin Road and the B655 Pirton Road in the road works area.
On the M1 there is a contraflow causing slow moving traffic between junction 10 at the Luton Airport Spur Road and junction 12 at Flitwick. There is also queuing traffic northbound between junction 8 at Hemel Hempstead and junction 11 at Dunstable.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
On the M11 in Essex drivers are warned of possible delays around junction 8 at Stansted Airport and junction 9 at Saffron Walden.
In Cambridgeshire the B1040 St Ives Road and the A1198 Ermine Street South is closed both ways at the A428 in Eltisley due to a three vehicle accident and diversions are in operation.
On the A14 at junction 32 westbound with the B1049 Cambridge Road, one lane is blocked because of a broken down car at the Histon Interchange and there is congestion back to Fen Ditton.