Three sentenced after crime spree
THREE men were sentenced in court last week for going on a crime spree after a drinking session.
Alvydas Baksiwskas, 19, Virgilijus Budreika, 19 and Erikas Krisciunas, 20, all of Cottered Road, Throcking, broke into five vehicles in Buntingford after celebrating Krisciunas’ birthday in January.
They stole three radios and a foot pump from the cars, and attempted to steal a Volkswagen Golf, which they also wrote off.
CCTV cameras then spotted them stealing stole 16 loaves of bread, valued at �30, from outside Budgens in Buntingford High Street at 4.40am on the morning on Friday January 21.
Last Wednesday, all three pleaded guilty at East Herts Magistrates court to four counts of theft from a motor vehicle, an attempt to steal a motor vehicle and stealing the loaves of bread.
You may also want to watch:
Baksiwskas, a tree surgeon, also pleaded guilty to shoplifting a Playstation 3 console in a separate offence, from Tesco on Old North Road, Royston, on January 15.
Budrieka and Krisciunas, who are unemployed, were ruled out of doing community service due to their poor English, but were given two years’ conditional discharge.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
Along with Baksiwskas, they must pay �449 compensation each to the car owners and �10 each to Budgens.
Baksiwskas was sentenced to 150 hours of community service for each count, which will run concurrently.