Three sentenced after crime spree
THREE men were sentenced in court last week for going on a crime spree after a drinking session.
Alvydas Baksiwskas, 19, Virgilijus Budreika, 19 and Erikas Krisciunas, 20, all of Cottered Road, Throcking, broke into five vehicles in Buntingford after celebrating Krisciunas’ birthday in January.
They stole three radios and a foot pump from the cars, and attempted to steal a Volkswagen Golf, which they also wrote off.
CCTV cameras then spotted them stealing stole 16 loaves of bread, valued at �30, from outside Budgens in Buntingford High Street at 4.40am on the morning on Friday January 21.
Last Wednesday, all three pleaded guilty at East Herts Magistrates court to four counts of theft from a motor vehicle, an attempt to steal a motor vehicle and stealing the loaves of bread.
You may also want to watch:
Baksiwskas, a tree surgeon, also pleaded guilty to shoplifting a Playstation 3 console in a separate offence, from Tesco on Old North Road, Royston, on January 15.
Budrieka and Krisciunas, who are unemployed, were ruled out of doing community service due to their poor English, but were given two years’ conditional discharge.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
Along with Baksiwskas, they must pay �449 compensation each to the car owners and �10 each to Budgens.
Baksiwskas was sentenced to 150 hours of community service for each count, which will run concurrently.