Three people injured in road collision on the A1198 at Kneesworth
A SERIOUS collision in Kneesworth has left at least one person with serious injuries. Emergency services are currently at the scene of the incident, which involved two vehicles and occurred at about 2pm on the A1198 near the Whaddon gap. The road is curre
ONE person was seriously injured in a collision between a van and lorry on the A1198 earlier today.
The incident occurred at about 1.45pm on the A1198 near the entrance to Bassingbourn barracks.
Police and fire officers rushed to the scene, and found one person trapped in their vehicle. They have been taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious leg and chest injuries.
Two other casualties have sustained minor injuries and been taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry is thought to have been carrying glass and scaffolding, which has been scattered all over the road.
As a result closures and diversions are being put in place. Traffic is already building in both directions and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 2 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 3 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 4 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
- 5 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 6 Sandon mum's joy at publication of first novel
- 7 Campaign to bring medical treatment for children with heart conditions closer to home
- 8 18 rescued from back of refrigerated lorry
- 9 Village church receives 'lifeline' grant from government
- 10 Herts COVID-19 infection rate falls below one in a thousand