Three people injured in road collision on the A1198 at Kneesworth
A SERIOUS collision in Kneesworth has left at least one person with serious injuries. Emergency services are currently at the scene of the incident, which involved two vehicles and occurred at about 2pm on the A1198 near the Whaddon gap. The road is curre
ONE person was seriously injured in a collision between a van and lorry on the A1198 earlier today.
The incident occurred at about 1.45pm on the A1198 near the entrance to Bassingbourn barracks.
Police and fire officers rushed to the scene, and found one person trapped in their vehicle. They have been taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious leg and chest injuries.
Two other casualties have sustained minor injuries and been taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry is thought to have been carrying glass and scaffolding, which has been scattered all over the road.
As a result closures and diversions are being put in place. Traffic is already building in both directions and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 8 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 9 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire