Three people injured in road collision on the A1198 at Kneesworth
A SERIOUS collision in Kneesworth has left at least one person with serious injuries. Emergency services are currently at the scene of the incident, which involved two vehicles and occurred at about 2pm on the A1198 near the Whaddon gap. The road is curre
ONE person was seriously injured in a collision between a van and lorry on the A1198 earlier today.
The incident occurred at about 1.45pm on the A1198 near the entrance to Bassingbourn barracks.
Police and fire officers rushed to the scene, and found one person trapped in their vehicle. They have been taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious leg and chest injuries.
Two other casualties have sustained minor injuries and been taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry is thought to have been carrying glass and scaffolding, which has been scattered all over the road.
As a result closures and diversions are being put in place. Traffic is already building in both directions and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 10 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire