Three people injured in road collision on the A1198 at Kneesworth
A SERIOUS collision in Kneesworth has left at least one person with serious injuries. Emergency services are currently at the scene of the incident, which involved two vehicles and occurred at about 2pm on the A1198 near the Whaddon gap. The road is curre
ONE person was seriously injured in a collision between a van and lorry on the A1198 earlier today.
The incident occurred at about 1.45pm on the A1198 near the entrance to Bassingbourn barracks.
Police and fire officers rushed to the scene, and found one person trapped in their vehicle. They have been taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious leg and chest injuries.
Two other casualties have sustained minor injuries and been taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry is thought to have been carrying glass and scaffolding, which has been scattered all over the road.
As a result closures and diversions are being put in place. Traffic is already building in both directions and drivers are being advised to avoid the area.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator