Three household waste collection crews suspended
- Credit: Danny Loo
Three bin crews responsible for collecting household waste in North Hertfordshire have been suspended.
Yesterday, North Hertfordshire District Council's service director for place, Vaughan Watson, said: “On April 1, three collection crews were suspended by our waste contractor Urbaser from their work, out of a total of 20 crews which operate daily.
"General waste collection services for North Hertfordshire’s residents were unaffected, due to replacement crews being immediately deployed to cover this work.
"There has been no impact on services and they continue to operate as normal.
"We are unable to comment directly on the cause for suspension, which is being looked into by Urbaser.”
You may also want to watch:
Urbaser's seven-year joint contract with NHDC and East Herts Council got off to a rocky start in 2018. Missed bin collections and months of disruption were due to an issue with the data held, NHDC said at the time.
- 1 Adopt a street and keep it clean by joining Royston Wombles scheme
- 2 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 3 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 4 Arts Society's members' exhibition set to be 'biggest online show yet'
- 5 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected