Three heads better than one at school reunion
FOUR decades of The Meridian School were celebrated at a recent reunion. Staff, students, and governors, past and present, shared memories, laughs and refreshments at the event, which marked 40 years since Meridian opened as an upper school in 1969. A spo
FOUR decades of The Meridian School were celebrated at a recent reunion.
Staff, students, and governors, past and present, shared memories, laughs and refreshments at the event, which marked 40 years since Meridian opened as an upper school in 1969.
A spokesman for the school said: "As the beer and wine flowed, tongues were oiled and stories came racing along.
"Staff renewed acquaintances with students, often not seen for 20 or 30 years or more. Over 250 guests enjoyed the occasion, some having travelled many miles, from the south of France, Cyprus and Portugal."
You may also want to watch:
A large number of the visitors took a tour around the building and grounds, led by a group of sixth form prefects.
During the evening a rolling film presentation of archive material was shown, while music was provided by Rob Wilcox, a student who left in 2005 and is now a music teacher, and Michael Heasell, a student leaving this year.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 3 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 5 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
Three generations of headteacher were also present, with original principal Peter Stone, who was in the post from 1969 - 1983, joining Graham Kingsley (1984 - 1994), and current head Dr Michael Firth.