Three heads better than one at school reunion
FOUR decades of The Meridian School were celebrated at a recent reunion. Staff, students, and governors, past and present, shared memories, laughs and refreshments at the event, which marked 40 years since Meridian opened as an upper school in 1969. A spo
FOUR decades of The Meridian School were celebrated at a recent reunion.
Staff, students, and governors, past and present, shared memories, laughs and refreshments at the event, which marked 40 years since Meridian opened as an upper school in 1969.
A spokesman for the school said: "As the beer and wine flowed, tongues were oiled and stories came racing along.
"Staff renewed acquaintances with students, often not seen for 20 or 30 years or more. Over 250 guests enjoyed the occasion, some having travelled many miles, from the south of France, Cyprus and Portugal."
You may also want to watch:
A large number of the visitors took a tour around the building and grounds, led by a group of sixth form prefects.
During the evening a rolling film presentation of archive material was shown, while music was provided by Rob Wilcox, a student who left in 2005 and is now a music teacher, and Michael Heasell, a student leaving this year.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
Three generations of headteacher were also present, with original principal Peter Stone, who was in the post from 1969 - 1983, joining Graham Kingsley (1984 - 1994), and current head Dr Michael Firth.