Three Bassingbourn men charged with Cambridge sexual assaults
- Credit: Archant
Three Bassingbourn men have been charged in connection with a series of sexual assaults on women in Cambridge on Sunday.
Khaled El Azibi, 18, Ibrahim Naji El Maarfi, 20 and Mohammed Abdalsalam, 27, all from Old North Road, have been accused of three serious sexual assaults which are alleged to have taken place at about 2am.
Mr El Azibi has been charged with two counts of sexual assault.
Mr Naji El Maarfi has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and one count of exposure.
Mr Abdalsalam has been charged with one count of sexual assault and one count of the use of threatening behaviour towards a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
All three men will appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court this afternoon.
Det Insp Sarah Smith said: “I would urge anyone who has any information about this incident or the men responsible to contact police.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
“We are treating this extremely seriously and have a team of officers working on the case.
“As a precaution patrols have been increased in the city centre.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.