Thousands roar in for annual bike show
MORE than 3,000 people enjoyed this year s annual Royston Motorcycle Club show. The event at Meldreth Manor School, marked the show s 22nd anniversary and raised more than £11,000 for charity. Organiser Mark Conningsby said: The show was a resounding suc
MORE than 3,000 people enjoyed this year's annual Royston Motorcycle Club show.
The event at Meldreth Manor School, marked the show's 22nd anniversary and raised more than £11,000 for charity.
Organiser Mark Conningsby said: "The show was a resounding success.
"We broke records with everything. The amount of people coming into the show, the money raised. The day ran perfectly."
Some 2,700 riders attended to show to admire the machines on display and walk around the stalls of motorcycle dealers from Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
All the money raised will be divided between Meldreth Manor School, the East Anglia Air Ambulance and the emergency doctor's service Magpas.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure