Thousands roar in for annual bike show
MORE than 3,000 people enjoyed this year s annual Royston Motorcycle Club show. The event at Meldreth Manor School, marked the show s 22nd anniversary and raised more than £11,000 for charity. Organiser Mark Conningsby said: The show was a resounding suc
MORE than 3,000 people enjoyed this year's annual Royston Motorcycle Club show.
The event at Meldreth Manor School, marked the show's 22nd anniversary and raised more than £11,000 for charity.
Organiser Mark Conningsby said: "The show was a resounding success.
"We broke records with everything. The amount of people coming into the show, the money raised. The day ran perfectly."
You may also want to watch:
Some 2,700 riders attended to show to admire the machines on display and walk around the stalls of motorcycle dealers from Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
All the money raised will be divided between Meldreth Manor School, the East Anglia Air Ambulance and the emergency doctor's service Magpas.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange