Thousands have their say on 5,000 homes plan for South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
More than 8,000 people had their say on plans to create 5,000 new homes in South Cambridgeshire.
Planning bosses at South Cambs District Council have welcomed the response to the draft local plan, which sets out potential developments in the district up to 2031.
Comments made during the consultation are now being processed by South Cambridgeshire District Council, and once registered will appear on the council’s website. Due to the level of response this is likely to take until the end of November.
They will then be considered by the full council ahead of being submitted to the government.
Cllr Pippa Corney, the district council’s cabinet member for planning policy and localism, said: “It is excellent news that communities across the district are so passionate about the future of South Cambridgeshire and I would like to thank them for responding to our call for them to have their say. The comments we received during the earlier consultations helped shape our plans, but we know there will be challenging and difficult decisions ahead as there are differing views from across the district.”
You may also want to watch:
Developments included in the plan include a housing scheme in Melbourn.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash