A Melbourn resident is to undertake some thirsty work when he runs one of the world’s most unique marathons.
Andy Kulina will take part in the Marathon du Medoc in the wine heartland of Pauillac in France, stopping off at various intervals to sample some of the local delicacies.
Mr Kulina, whose father and father in-law have both recently had heart problems, will be donating funds raised to the American and British Heart Foundations.
He said: “The Marathon du Medoc is unique as it has 22 wine tasting stops, and the last 3 miles are a three course meal.
“The course is the full marathon distance of 26.2 miles, and must be run, or staggered through in six and a half hours or less.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kulina will be adopting the moniker of The Grape with a Cape for the duration of the run, as there is a mandatory superhero fancy-dress theme.
The run takes place on September 11, and Mr Kulina is hoping to gain some last minute donations for a good cause.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 10 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
“I would greatly appreciate anything anyone can afford to donate to support the joint efforts of the British Heart Foundation and the American Heart Associations,” he said.
“Two people very close to me survived serious heart problems in the past 12 months, thanks in large part to the research of these two organisations.”
Do donate to Mr Kulina’s cause visit www.grapewithacape.com.