A Melbourn resident is to undertake some thirsty work when he runs one of the world’s most unique marathons.
Andy Kulina will take part in the Marathon du Medoc in the wine heartland of Pauillac in France, stopping off at various intervals to sample some of the local delicacies.
Mr Kulina, whose father and father in-law have both recently had heart problems, will be donating funds raised to the American and British Heart Foundations.
He said: “The Marathon du Medoc is unique as it has 22 wine tasting stops, and the last 3 miles are a three course meal.
“The course is the full marathon distance of 26.2 miles, and must be run, or staggered through in six and a half hours or less.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kulina will be adopting the moniker of The Grape with a Cape for the duration of the run, as there is a mandatory superhero fancy-dress theme.
The run takes place on September 11, and Mr Kulina is hoping to gain some last minute donations for a good cause.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“I would greatly appreciate anything anyone can afford to donate to support the joint efforts of the British Heart Foundation and the American Heart Associations,” he said.
“Two people very close to me survived serious heart problems in the past 12 months, thanks in large part to the research of these two organisations.”
Do donate to Mr Kulina’s cause visit www.grapewithacape.com.