MORE than 300 people will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon 5km Run Walk - and organisers hope that it will reach its limit of 500. The event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 11 is being organised to raise cash for Cancer Research UK. And to get into th
MORE than 300 people will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon 5km Run Walk - and organisers hope that it will reach its limit of 500.
The event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 11 is being organised to raise cash for Cancer Research UK.
And to get into the spirit of the event Richard Wisdom, of Sports Kit in High Street, Royston, is giving a helping hand.
Richard and his wife Michelle and 18-month-old daughter Olivia are supporting the event - and he has pink T-shirts available for all those taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Those running or walking the course can pay £6 to have their names printed on a T-shirt - and the money will be donated to Cancer Research UK.
Last year the event raised more than £3,000 and this year entry will cost £10 (£5 under-18).
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
Maurice Hill, of Royston Runners, who is one of the organisers, has been running absolute beginner training sessions at Therfield Heath during the past weeks.
- Entry forms are available at Sports Kit, Royston library and on the event's website at www.pinkribbonrun.co.uk