MORE than 300 people will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon 5km Run Walk - and organisers hope that it will reach its limit of 500. The event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 11 is being organised to raise cash for Cancer Research UK. And to get into th
MORE than 300 people will be taking part in the Pink Ribbon 5km Run Walk - and organisers hope that it will reach its limit of 500.
The event on Therfield Heath on Sunday, June 11 is being organised to raise cash for Cancer Research UK.
And to get into the spirit of the event Richard Wisdom, of Sports Kit in High Street, Royston, is giving a helping hand.
Richard and his wife Michelle and 18-month-old daughter Olivia are supporting the event - and he has pink T-shirts available for all those taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Those running or walking the course can pay £6 to have their names printed on a T-shirt - and the money will be donated to Cancer Research UK.
Last year the event raised more than £3,000 and this year entry will cost £10 (£5 under-18).
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Maurice Hill, of Royston Runners, who is one of the organisers, has been running absolute beginner training sessions at Therfield Heath during the past weeks.
- Entry forms are available at Sports Kit, Royston library and on the event's website at www.pinkribbonrun.co.uk