Things get hot in Royston school kitchen with flaming good demo
- Credit: Archant
Things certainly got hot in the kitchen when young Royston takeaway owner Safwaan Choudhury gave a cookery demonstration to children at Roysia Middle School, which he said is like ‘going back home’.
Royston Tandoori managing director Safwaan certainly spiced things up when a huge flame was created while cooking one of his curry dishes.
He said: “It was a tremendous privilege to return to Roysia, again, to spice up Food Technology for Year 8.
“The pupils were very inquisitive and showed a great willingness to learn new things - I explained the history behind the curry industry.
“We discussed the delicacy of spice and how it isn’t all about the fiery hot curries, and there were lots of questions about my story and career so far.
You may also want to watch:
“Since August, I have been learning how to cook under the tutelage of my business partner Mahbubur Rahman, who was the award-winning head chef at Taste of India in Royston, and Royston Tandoori’s highly successful executive head chef Habibur Rahman-Shamim.
“Going back to Roysia is like going back to home, it’s always a pleasure to help.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
“It’s a social responsibility of a local business to help out like this and enrich the experiences of the new generation of Roystonians.
“Contribution to the community in one of our top objectives at Royston Tandoori.”