Things get hot in Royston school kitchen with flaming good demo
- Credit: Archant
Things certainly got hot in the kitchen when young Royston takeaway owner Safwaan Choudhury gave a cookery demonstration to children at Roysia Middle School, which he said is like ‘going back home’.
Royston Tandoori managing director Safwaan certainly spiced things up when a huge flame was created while cooking one of his curry dishes.
He said: “It was a tremendous privilege to return to Roysia, again, to spice up Food Technology for Year 8.
“The pupils were very inquisitive and showed a great willingness to learn new things - I explained the history behind the curry industry.
“We discussed the delicacy of spice and how it isn’t all about the fiery hot curries, and there were lots of questions about my story and career so far.
You may also want to watch:
“Since August, I have been learning how to cook under the tutelage of my business partner Mahbubur Rahman, who was the award-winning head chef at Taste of India in Royston, and Royston Tandoori’s highly successful executive head chef Habibur Rahman-Shamim.
“Going back to Roysia is like going back to home, it’s always a pleasure to help.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“It’s a social responsibility of a local business to help out like this and enrich the experiences of the new generation of Roystonians.
“Contribution to the community in one of our top objectives at Royston Tandoori.”