Things get hot in Royston school kitchen with flaming good demo
- Credit: Archant
Things certainly got hot in the kitchen when young Royston takeaway owner Safwaan Choudhury gave a cookery demonstration to children at Roysia Middle School, which he said is like ‘going back home’.
Royston Tandoori managing director Safwaan certainly spiced things up when a huge flame was created while cooking one of his curry dishes.
He said: “It was a tremendous privilege to return to Roysia, again, to spice up Food Technology for Year 8.
“The pupils were very inquisitive and showed a great willingness to learn new things - I explained the history behind the curry industry.
“We discussed the delicacy of spice and how it isn’t all about the fiery hot curries, and there were lots of questions about my story and career so far.
You may also want to watch:
“Since August, I have been learning how to cook under the tutelage of my business partner Mahbubur Rahman, who was the award-winning head chef at Taste of India in Royston, and Royston Tandoori’s highly successful executive head chef Habibur Rahman-Shamim.
“Going back to Roysia is like going back to home, it’s always a pleasure to help.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
“It’s a social responsibility of a local business to help out like this and enrich the experiences of the new generation of Roystonians.
“Contribution to the community in one of our top objectives at Royston Tandoori.”