Thieves steal cash during Royston shop break-in
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole cash after breaking into a Royston shop in Church Lane.
The burglary took place between 5pm on Wednesday and 9am yesterday at Age UK.
The offenders forced open the rear door of the shop to gain access and then stole cash from the premises.
It is unclear at this time which shop the theft occurred in.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting crime ref: G4/15/858.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, another burglary took place yesterday between 10.45am and 5pm.
Offenders smashed through a back door and stole cash and a passport from the home.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
If you have seen anything in relation to this burglary please contact 101 and quote crime ref: G4/15/862.
The increase in break-ins is a cause for concern in the town – four further house burglaries took place last week.
PCSO Sarah Lamb said: “Please be aware of the recent increase of day time burglaries to houses in Royston.
“I would encourage people to take some time to look at our online home security and burglary prevention website. www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention.”