Thieves steal cash during Royston shop break-in
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole cash after breaking into a Royston shop in Church Lane.
The burglary took place between 5pm on Wednesday and 9am yesterday at Age UK.
The offenders forced open the rear door of the shop to gain access and then stole cash from the premises.
It is unclear at this time which shop the theft occurred in.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting crime ref: G4/15/858.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, another burglary took place yesterday between 10.45am and 5pm.
Offenders smashed through a back door and stole cash and a passport from the home.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
If you have seen anything in relation to this burglary please contact 101 and quote crime ref: G4/15/862.
The increase in break-ins is a cause for concern in the town – four further house burglaries took place last week.
PCSO Sarah Lamb said: “Please be aware of the recent increase of day time burglaries to houses in Royston.
“I would encourage people to take some time to look at our online home security and burglary prevention website. www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention.”