Thieves steal cash during Royston shop break-in
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole cash after breaking into a Royston shop in Church Lane.
The burglary took place between 5pm on Wednesday and 9am yesterday at Age UK.
The offenders forced open the rear door of the shop to gain access and then stole cash from the premises.
It is unclear at this time which shop the theft occurred in.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting crime ref: G4/15/858.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, another burglary took place yesterday between 10.45am and 5pm.
Offenders smashed through a back door and stole cash and a passport from the home.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
If you have seen anything in relation to this burglary please contact 101 and quote crime ref: G4/15/862.
The increase in break-ins is a cause for concern in the town – four further house burglaries took place last week.
PCSO Sarah Lamb said: “Please be aware of the recent increase of day time burglaries to houses in Royston.
“I would encourage people to take some time to look at our online home security and burglary prevention website. www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention.”