Thieves steal cash during Royston shop break-in
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole cash after breaking into a Royston shop in Church Lane.
The burglary took place between 5pm on Wednesday and 9am yesterday at Age UK.
The offenders forced open the rear door of the shop to gain access and then stole cash from the premises.
It is unclear at this time which shop the theft occurred in.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting crime ref: G4/15/858.
In a separate incident, another burglary took place yesterday between 10.45am and 5pm.
Offenders smashed through a back door and stole cash and a passport from the home.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 10 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
If you have seen anything in relation to this burglary please contact 101 and quote crime ref: G4/15/862.
The increase in break-ins is a cause for concern in the town – four further house burglaries took place last week.
PCSO Sarah Lamb said: “Please be aware of the recent increase of day time burglaries to houses in Royston.
“I would encourage people to take some time to look at our online home security and burglary prevention website. www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention.”