Thieves steal cash during Royston shop break-in
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole cash after breaking into a Royston shop in Church Lane.
The burglary took place between 5pm on Wednesday and 9am yesterday at Age UK.
The offenders forced open the rear door of the shop to gain access and then stole cash from the premises.
It is unclear at this time which shop the theft occurred in.
Anyone with information can contact police on 101, quoting crime ref: G4/15/858.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate incident, another burglary took place yesterday between 10.45am and 5pm.
Offenders smashed through a back door and stole cash and a passport from the home.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
If you have seen anything in relation to this burglary please contact 101 and quote crime ref: G4/15/862.
The increase in break-ins is a cause for concern in the town – four further house burglaries took place last week.
PCSO Sarah Lamb said: “Please be aware of the recent increase of day time burglaries to houses in Royston.
“I would encourage people to take some time to look at our online home security and burglary prevention website. www.herts.police.uk/crimeprevention.”