Thieves smash their way into Royston newsagent overnight
- Credit: Archant
Thieves struck at a Royston newsagent in the early hours of this morning, smashing the window and damaging the cash machine.
Officers were called to the scene just before 2.30am after several members of the public reported the incident at McColl’s in Queens Road.
The window of the shop was smashed to gain entry and a cash machine inside was damaged.
The offenders reportedly left the scene in a vehicle, but this was not used to break in.
A police spokeswoman said: “It is not clear at this stage if anything was taken and investigations are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge