Thieves smash their way into Royston newsagent overnight
- Credit: Archant
Thieves struck at a Royston newsagent in the early hours of this morning, smashing the window and damaging the cash machine.
Officers were called to the scene just before 2.30am after several members of the public reported the incident at McColl’s in Queens Road.
The window of the shop was smashed to gain entry and a cash machine inside was damaged.
The offenders reportedly left the scene in a vehicle, but this was not used to break in.
A police spokeswoman said: “It is not clear at this stage if anything was taken and investigations are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia