Thieves seriously hurt man in 60s who confronted them after Meldreth burglary
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have broken into a home in Meldreth and seriously injured a witness who confronted them as they left the scene.
Police were called to reports of a burglary and assault in Howard Road on July 13 at 7pm.
Two men gained entry to the home, and stole cash and a handbag.
Before fleeing, the men – who are both decribed as white, 6ft tall and of slim build – were confronted by the man, aged in his 60s, who was then assaulted by one of them.
One of the men was wearing a white hoodie and the other a black one. They had their faces covered.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are investigating the incident, including exploring CCTV and forensic opportunities. No arrests have yet been made.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call Cambs police on 101, quoting crime reference CF0399390717, or through contactcambspolice.uk/Report.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show