Thieves seriously hurt man in 60s who confronted them after Meldreth burglary
- Credit: Archant
Thieves have broken into a home in Meldreth and seriously injured a witness who confronted them as they left the scene.
Police were called to reports of a burglary and assault in Howard Road on July 13 at 7pm.
Two men gained entry to the home, and stole cash and a handbag.
Before fleeing, the men – who are both decribed as white, 6ft tall and of slim build – were confronted by the man, aged in his 60s, who was then assaulted by one of them.
One of the men was wearing a white hoodie and the other a black one. They had their faces covered.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are investigating the incident, including exploring CCTV and forensic opportunities. No arrests have yet been made.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call Cambs police on 101, quoting crime reference CF0399390717, or through contactcambspolice.uk/Report.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?