Thieves remove part of roof during shed break-in as tools stolen from two vans in South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Offenders broke into a victim’s shed by removing part of the roof before making off with tools in Foxton. The theft occurred overnight between 10pm on Wednesday and 6.45am yesterday morning in Caxton Lane.
On the same evening in the village, thieves damaged the lock of the rear doors of a van and stole equipment.
In another incident yesterday evening, power tools were stolen from a van at about 7pm in Russell Close, Steeple Morden.
PCSO Samuel Kennedy issued the following advice: “Remember to secure your property/vehicles and make sure all doors and windows are locked.
“Please remain alert to suspicious vehicles and/or persons in your areas. If possible make a note of vehicle models, colour and registrations and/or descriptions of persons.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do see anything suspicious or have any information relating to the crimes reported please contact the police on 101. Or if you wish to remain anonymous please call crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks