Thieves remove part of roof during shed break-in as tools stolen from two vans in South Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Offenders broke into a victim’s shed by removing part of the roof before making off with tools in Foxton. The theft occurred overnight between 10pm on Wednesday and 6.45am yesterday morning in Caxton Lane.
On the same evening in the village, thieves damaged the lock of the rear doors of a van and stole equipment.
In another incident yesterday evening, power tools were stolen from a van at about 7pm in Russell Close, Steeple Morden.
PCSO Samuel Kennedy issued the following advice: “Remember to secure your property/vehicles and make sure all doors and windows are locked.
“Please remain alert to suspicious vehicles and/or persons in your areas. If possible make a note of vehicle models, colour and registrations and/or descriptions of persons.
You may also want to watch:
“If you do see anything suspicious or have any information relating to the crimes reported please contact the police on 101. Or if you wish to remain anonymous please call crime stoppers on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 7 Fabulous Foodies Festival is good to go at Cambridge this summer
- 8 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote