Thieves raid yard
THIEVES ransacked a Hare Street wood yard during a burglary in the early hours of last Wednesday. The thieves broke into the offices of Wild Acre wood yard, on Hare Street Road, at about 12.45am. They stole equipment and tools, and also took items from a
THIEVES ransacked a Hare Street wood yard during a burglary in the early hours of last Wednesday.
The thieves broke into the offices of Wild Acre wood yard, on Hare Street Road, at about 12.45am.
They stole equipment and tools, and also took items from a nearby barn.
Dennis Wright, owner of Wild Acre, said: "It's not what they've stolen that bothers me as much as the time and money it's going to take to get things back to normal. Everything has been left in a mess."
You may also want to watch:
Among the items taken were several barrows, and other gardening tools.
Mr Wright, who also runs a nursery on the site, said: "They've used bolt cutters to cut the locks and get into both buildings, and taken everything that wasn't nailed down.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"I think it must have been someone who had been to Wild Acre before, as they knew exactly where the offices were.
"They've even siphoned off diesel from my vehicles.
"To carry the diesel away they emptied several containers of expensive anti-freeze which was probably worth a lot more than the fuel itself."
Police are appealing for witness's to come forward.
A spokesman for Herts police said: "There is no close-circuit television footage of the thieves."
- Anyone with information can contact Herts police on 08453 300222.