Thieves distract elderly lady in Royston Tesco car park before stealing her purse
- Credit: Archant
A pair of women distracted an elderly lady in a Royston supermarket car park before stealing her purse – and police have now appealed for witnesses.
The theft took place on Wednesday, September 7, between 11am and 11.45am.
The victim, who is in her 80s, was in her car at the Tesco car park when two women approached and asked for directions.
She later realised her purse had been taken from a bag in her car, as one of the doors had been left open.
One of the two women is described as about 30 years old, of slim build with blonde shoulder-length hair, and ‘smartly dressed in casual clothes’.
Det Insp Duncan Sales said: “I would also appeal to members of the public, particularly the elderly, to ensure their valuables are secure and to be mindful of those around them.”
Anyone with information about any of the incident above should contact 101, quoting the crime reference number G4/16/758.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 3 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.