Thieves distract elderly lady in Royston Tesco car park before stealing her purse
- Credit: Archant
A pair of women distracted an elderly lady in a Royston supermarket car park before stealing her purse – and police have now appealed for witnesses.
The theft took place on Wednesday, September 7, between 11am and 11.45am.
The victim, who is in her 80s, was in her car at the Tesco car park when two women approached and asked for directions.
She later realised her purse had been taken from a bag in her car, as one of the doors had been left open.
One of the two women is described as about 30 years old, of slim build with blonde shoulder-length hair, and ‘smartly dressed in casual clothes’.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Duncan Sales said: “I would also appeal to members of the public, particularly the elderly, to ensure their valuables are secure and to be mindful of those around them.”
Anyone with information about any of the incident above should contact 101, quoting the crime reference number G4/16/758.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.