Thieves distract elderly lady in Royston Tesco car park before stealing her purse
- Credit: Archant
A pair of women distracted an elderly lady in a Royston supermarket car park before stealing her purse – and police have now appealed for witnesses.
The theft took place on Wednesday, September 7, between 11am and 11.45am.
The victim, who is in her 80s, was in her car at the Tesco car park when two women approached and asked for directions.
She later realised her purse had been taken from a bag in her car, as one of the doors had been left open.
One of the two women is described as about 30 years old, of slim build with blonde shoulder-length hair, and ‘smartly dressed in casual clothes’.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Duncan Sales said: “I would also appeal to members of the public, particularly the elderly, to ensure their valuables are secure and to be mindful of those around them.”
Anyone with information about any of the incident above should contact 101, quoting the crime reference number G4/16/758.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.