Thieves chased after warehouse raid
THIEVES were caught by a police patrol car before they could get away with anything when they targeted a plumbing warehouse.
NPS Plumbing Solutions in Orchard Road, Royston, was raided last Wednesday (11) night at 11.50pm.
A passing patrol car spotted the danger and the men fled in their car, driving off into Kneesworth where they abandoned it and ran off.
A police helicopter was sent out but failed to track down the men. Nothing was stolen.
A police spokesperson said: “Officers were carrying out routine patrols in the industrial area when they disturbed the offenders.
“They gave chase in a car and it was followed to Kneesworth where they drove into a field and ran away.
“We carried out a search of the area and used a force helicopter and the car was located but the offenders weren’t.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
“Inquiries are now ongoing but no arrests have been made at this stage.”
Anyone who may have any information should call the Hertfordshire Police non-emergency number on 0845 3300222 quoting crime ref G4/11/391.