Thieves break into Meldreth fishing shop and steal equipment worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
Fishing equipment worth thousands of pounds has been stolen from a shop in Meldreth.
Thieves broke into JKL Tackle in Whitecroft Road on Thursday at about 7.30pm and took equipment including rods and bite alarms.
Members of the public are being urged to contact police if they see anyone selling brand new fishing equipment from the back of a vehicle or at a car boot sale.
PCSO Leanne Fisher said: “The fishing equipment is worth between £7,000 and £10,000 and the owners are understandably extremely upset and shocked. The business is their livelihood.
“Please be vigilant when purchasing new equipment. If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen something should call PCSO Fisher on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire