Thieves break into Meldreth fishing shop and steal equipment worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
Fishing equipment worth thousands of pounds has been stolen from a shop in Meldreth.
Thieves broke into JKL Tackle in Whitecroft Road on Thursday at about 7.30pm and took equipment including rods and bite alarms.
Members of the public are being urged to contact police if they see anyone selling brand new fishing equipment from the back of a vehicle or at a car boot sale.
PCSO Leanne Fisher said: “The fishing equipment is worth between £7,000 and £10,000 and the owners are understandably extremely upset and shocked. The business is their livelihood.
“Please be vigilant when purchasing new equipment. If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen something should call PCSO Fisher on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash