Thieves break into Meldreth fishing shop and steal equipment worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
Fishing equipment worth thousands of pounds has been stolen from a shop in Meldreth.
Thieves broke into JKL Tackle in Whitecroft Road on Thursday at about 7.30pm and took equipment including rods and bite alarms.
Members of the public are being urged to contact police if they see anyone selling brand new fishing equipment from the back of a vehicle or at a car boot sale.
PCSO Leanne Fisher said: “The fishing equipment is worth between £7,000 and £10,000 and the owners are understandably extremely upset and shocked. The business is their livelihood.
“Please be vigilant when purchasing new equipment. If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is.”
Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen something should call PCSO Fisher on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'