Thieves break into Meldreth fishing shop and steal equipment worth thousands of pounds
- Credit: Archant
Fishing equipment worth thousands of pounds has been stolen from a shop in Meldreth.
Thieves broke into JKL Tackle in Whitecroft Road on Thursday at about 7.30pm and took equipment including rods and bite alarms.
Members of the public are being urged to contact police if they see anyone selling brand new fishing equipment from the back of a vehicle or at a car boot sale.
PCSO Leanne Fisher said: “The fishing equipment is worth between £7,000 and £10,000 and the owners are understandably extremely upset and shocked. The business is their livelihood.
“Please be vigilant when purchasing new equipment. If the price seems too good to be true then it probably is.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who was in the area at the time and may have seen something should call PCSO Fisher on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter