Thief talks to victim before stealing phone by hiding it under folder in Royston café
- Credit: Archant
A thief stole a victim’s phone by hiding it under a folder after chatting to him in a Royston café.
The theft occurred between 1.35pm and 1.50pm yesterday at Tasty Bites in Market Hill.
Between these times the offender approached the victim, a man in his 60s, who was sitting at a table.
He placed some coins and a piece of paper in a plastic folder on the table, then, following a brief exchange of words, he picked up the coins, paper and the victim’s mobile phone – a Samsung S6.
The suspect is described as a man aged between 30 and 35-years-old, who was of medium build and around 6ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
He had short brown hair and was wearing a black cap, light coloured trousers and a brown shirt.
Anyone who witnessed what happened or who say the suspect in the area prior to or following the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting crime reference number G4/16/471.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended