Thief talks to victim before stealing phone by hiding it under folder in Royston café
- Credit: Archant
A thief stole a victim’s phone by hiding it under a folder after chatting to him in a Royston café.
The theft occurred between 1.35pm and 1.50pm yesterday at Tasty Bites in Market Hill.
Between these times the offender approached the victim, a man in his 60s, who was sitting at a table.
He placed some coins and a piece of paper in a plastic folder on the table, then, following a brief exchange of words, he picked up the coins, paper and the victim’s mobile phone – a Samsung S6.
The suspect is described as a man aged between 30 and 35-years-old, who was of medium build and around 6ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
He had short brown hair and was wearing a black cap, light coloured trousers and a brown shirt.
Anyone who witnessed what happened or who say the suspect in the area prior to or following the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting crime reference number G4/16/471.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services