Thief talks to victim before stealing phone by hiding it under folder in Royston café
- Credit: Archant
A thief stole a victim’s phone by hiding it under a folder after chatting to him in a Royston café.
The theft occurred between 1.35pm and 1.50pm yesterday at Tasty Bites in Market Hill.
Between these times the offender approached the victim, a man in his 60s, who was sitting at a table.
He placed some coins and a piece of paper in a plastic folder on the table, then, following a brief exchange of words, he picked up the coins, paper and the victim’s mobile phone – a Samsung S6.
The suspect is described as a man aged between 30 and 35-years-old, who was of medium build and around 6ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
He had short brown hair and was wearing a black cap, light coloured trousers and a brown shirt.
Anyone who witnessed what happened or who say the suspect in the area prior to or following the incident is asked to contact police on 101 quoting crime reference number G4/16/471.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result