They’re gown – but not forgotten
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine s Church in Litlington at the weekend. Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winst
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine's Church in Litlington at the weekend.
Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winston Churchill's wife.
Outside, villagers flocked to the annual fete where there were traditional stalls, games, and a country dancing demonstration by pupils of Steeple Morden Primary School.
The fete raised £1,000 for the church fund.
You may also want to watch:
The church will be holding a barn dance in the village hall on Saturday for the tower appeal.
There will be a live band. Tickets are £8 adults, £4 children. They are available from Sue by calling 01763 852974 or Ann on 01763 247523.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result