They’re gown – but not forgotten
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine s Church in Litlington at the weekend. Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winst
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine's Church in Litlington at the weekend.
Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winston Churchill's wife.
Outside, villagers flocked to the annual fete where there were traditional stalls, games, and a country dancing demonstration by pupils of Steeple Morden Primary School.
The fete raised £1,000 for the church fund.
You may also want to watch:
The church will be holding a barn dance in the village hall on Saturday for the tower appeal.
There will be a live band. Tickets are £8 adults, £4 children. They are available from Sue by calling 01763 852974 or Ann on 01763 247523.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services