They’re gown – but not forgotten
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine s Church in Litlington at the weekend. Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winst
CHRISTENING gowns and memorabilia dating back to the Victorian age were on display at St Catherine's Church in Litlington at the weekend.
Residents contributed about 20 gowns, including a Christening dress which was given to a family in the area by Winston Churchill's wife.
Outside, villagers flocked to the annual fete where there were traditional stalls, games, and a country dancing demonstration by pupils of Steeple Morden Primary School.
The fete raised £1,000 for the church fund.
You may also want to watch:
The church will be holding a barn dance in the village hall on Saturday for the tower appeal.
There will be a live band. Tickets are £8 adults, £4 children. They are available from Sue by calling 01763 852974 or Ann on 01763 247523.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Extra Car Park Panto date added for IWM Duxford
- 7 Fundraising walk for Citizens Advice 'a resounding success'
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 10 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea