They gotta be record-breakers!
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books. The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long. Led by the school choir, every pupil and membe
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books.
The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long.
Led by the school choir, every pupil and member of staff came together to belt out a few verses of the Des'ree hit You Gotta Be.
Stuart Debenham, acting leader of music at Greneway, said: "Everyone here was practising the song and looking forward to taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"It was brilliant to be part of this enormous musical noise and great that we have helped to raise money to support three charities too."
The previous record for simultaneous singing was 293,978, and the Big Sing saw this landmark demolished, with almost 700,000 vocalists taking part nationwide.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Participants were asked to give a donation to charity. The cash will be split between three organisations - Youth Music, Marie Curie Cancer Care, and CLIC Sargent.
For more information, visit www.bigsing.com