They gotta be record-breakers!
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books. The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long. Led by the school choir, every pupil and membe
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books.
The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long.
Led by the school choir, every pupil and member of staff came together to belt out a few verses of the Des'ree hit You Gotta Be.
Stuart Debenham, acting leader of music at Greneway, said: "Everyone here was practising the song and looking forward to taking part.
"It was brilliant to be part of this enormous musical noise and great that we have helped to raise money to support three charities too."
The previous record for simultaneous singing was 293,978, and the Big Sing saw this landmark demolished, with almost 700,000 vocalists taking part nationwide.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Participants were asked to give a donation to charity. The cash will be split between three organisations - Youth Music, Marie Curie Cancer Care, and CLIC Sargent.
For more information, visit www.bigsing.com