They gotta be record-breakers!
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books. The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long. Led by the school choir, every pupil and membe
GRENEWAY School pupils have sung their way into the record books.
The school took part in the Big Sing 2008, which saw people around the country break the record for the biggest ever simultaneous sing-a-long.
Led by the school choir, every pupil and member of staff came together to belt out a few verses of the Des'ree hit You Gotta Be.
Stuart Debenham, acting leader of music at Greneway, said: "Everyone here was practising the song and looking forward to taking part.
You may also want to watch:
"It was brilliant to be part of this enormous musical noise and great that we have helped to raise money to support three charities too."
The previous record for simultaneous singing was 293,978, and the Big Sing saw this landmark demolished, with almost 700,000 vocalists taking part nationwide.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Participants were asked to give a donation to charity. The cash will be split between three organisations - Youth Music, Marie Curie Cancer Care, and CLIC Sargent.
For more information, visit www.bigsing.com