Therfield residents get to voice their concerns over proposed solar farm
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being given a second opportunity to find out more about a proposed solar farm.
The consultation event is being held in Therfield on May 23, to enable residents to find out more about a proposed new 11.8MW solar farm at nearby Thrift Farm.
It will be hosted by Lightsource Renewable Energy - the UK’s largest generator of solar energy.
Information packs have already been sent to all dwellings within 1.5km of the proposed site and an initial consultation was held in April, attended by 35 people.
One concern raised at the first meeting was the visibility from the A505/Coombe Road which runs parallel to the north of the site. Lightsource has said it will be working with North Herts Council and its own landscape consultant to investigate and propose additional planting for screening if deemed necessary.
You may also want to watch:
There was also concern at the use of agricultural land for solar installations. However, the proposed solar farm at Thrift Farm will be designed so that sheep will be able to continue grazing on the site.
Conor McGuigan, business development director for Lightsource, said: “We do care about our community relationships and in this instance we have felt it necessary to return. We hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to involving the local community in our proposals and gives everyone another opportunity to ask questions or raise any other concerns.”
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 6 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 7 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 8 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 9 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 10 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
The consultation event will be from 6pm to 8pm at Therfield Memorial Hall.
For further information on the event contact the Lightsource Planning Team on 0333 200 0755 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘Thrift Farm’