Therfield residents get to voice their concerns over proposed solar farm
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being given a second opportunity to find out more about a proposed solar farm.
The consultation event is being held in Therfield on May 23, to enable residents to find out more about a proposed new 11.8MW solar farm at nearby Thrift Farm.
It will be hosted by Lightsource Renewable Energy - the UK’s largest generator of solar energy.
Information packs have already been sent to all dwellings within 1.5km of the proposed site and an initial consultation was held in April, attended by 35 people.
One concern raised at the first meeting was the visibility from the A505/Coombe Road which runs parallel to the north of the site. Lightsource has said it will be working with North Herts Council and its own landscape consultant to investigate and propose additional planting for screening if deemed necessary.
You may also want to watch:
There was also concern at the use of agricultural land for solar installations. However, the proposed solar farm at Thrift Farm will be designed so that sheep will be able to continue grazing on the site.
Conor McGuigan, business development director for Lightsource, said: “We do care about our community relationships and in this instance we have felt it necessary to return. We hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to involving the local community in our proposals and gives everyone another opportunity to ask questions or raise any other concerns.”
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The consultation event will be from 6pm to 8pm at Therfield Memorial Hall.
For further information on the event contact the Lightsource Planning Team on 0333 200 0755 or email email@example.com quoting reference ‘Thrift Farm’