Therfield residents get to voice their concerns over proposed solar farm
- Credit: Archant
RESIDENTS are being given a second opportunity to find out more about a proposed solar farm.
The consultation event is being held in Therfield on May 23, to enable residents to find out more about a proposed new 11.8MW solar farm at nearby Thrift Farm.
It will be hosted by Lightsource Renewable Energy - the UK’s largest generator of solar energy.
Information packs have already been sent to all dwellings within 1.5km of the proposed site and an initial consultation was held in April, attended by 35 people.
One concern raised at the first meeting was the visibility from the A505/Coombe Road which runs parallel to the north of the site. Lightsource has said it will be working with North Herts Council and its own landscape consultant to investigate and propose additional planting for screening if deemed necessary.
You may also want to watch:
There was also concern at the use of agricultural land for solar installations. However, the proposed solar farm at Thrift Farm will be designed so that sheep will be able to continue grazing on the site.
Conor McGuigan, business development director for Lightsource, said: “We do care about our community relationships and in this instance we have felt it necessary to return. We hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to involving the local community in our proposals and gives everyone another opportunity to ask questions or raise any other concerns.”
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
The consultation event will be from 6pm to 8pm at Therfield Memorial Hall.
For further information on the event contact the Lightsource Planning Team on 0333 200 0755 or email email@example.com quoting reference ‘Thrift Farm’