Therfield pub toasts success after winning Hertfordshire Food and Drinks award
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Therfield is toasting a remarkable win after it received the Outstanding Service award at the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards on Monday.
The Fox and Duck was also highly commended in the Best Gastro Pub category and commended for the Best Restaurant.
The pub, based in The Green, was the only entrant to be nominated in three categories and either win or be commended in all three.
Other winners on the night included The Buntingford Brewery in Royston, which won the award for Best Microbrewery.
For those who like a touch of class in their menu, Best Fine Dining Restaurant went to The Buntingford Kitchen in Buntingford. The restaurant was also crowned the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
Best Gastro Pub was Hermit of Redcoats, situated between Hitchin and Stevenage, and Best Independent Butcher went to Hitchin company K Jones Butchers.
Hitchin also came out on top in the Best Artisan Bakery category with Quotidian being crowned the winner.
- 1 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 2 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 3 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 4 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 5 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 6 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 10 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
The inaugural awards took place at Shendish Manor in Hemel Hemstead, with the winners decided by public vote.