Therfield pub toasts success after winning Hertfordshire Food and Drinks award
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Therfield is toasting a remarkable win after it received the Outstanding Service award at the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards on Monday.
The Fox and Duck was also highly commended in the Best Gastro Pub category and commended for the Best Restaurant.
The pub, based in The Green, was the only entrant to be nominated in three categories and either win or be commended in all three.
Other winners on the night included The Buntingford Brewery in Royston, which won the award for Best Microbrewery.
For those who like a touch of class in their menu, Best Fine Dining Restaurant went to The Buntingford Kitchen in Buntingford. The restaurant was also crowned the overall winner.
Best Gastro Pub was Hermit of Redcoats, situated between Hitchin and Stevenage, and Best Independent Butcher went to Hitchin company K Jones Butchers.
Hitchin also came out on top in the Best Artisan Bakery category with Quotidian being crowned the winner.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 4 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
- 7 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 8 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 9 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 10 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
The inaugural awards took place at Shendish Manor in Hemel Hemstead, with the winners decided by public vote.