Therfield pub toasts success after winning Hertfordshire Food and Drinks award
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Therfield is toasting a remarkable win after it received the Outstanding Service award at the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards on Monday.
The Fox and Duck was also highly commended in the Best Gastro Pub category and commended for the Best Restaurant.
The pub, based in The Green, was the only entrant to be nominated in three categories and either win or be commended in all three.
Other winners on the night included The Buntingford Brewery in Royston, which won the award for Best Microbrewery.
For those who like a touch of class in their menu, Best Fine Dining Restaurant went to The Buntingford Kitchen in Buntingford. The restaurant was also crowned the overall winner.
Best Gastro Pub was Hermit of Redcoats, situated between Hitchin and Stevenage, and Best Independent Butcher went to Hitchin company K Jones Butchers.
Hitchin also came out on top in the Best Artisan Bakery category with Quotidian being crowned the winner.
- 1 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 2 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 3 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 4 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 7 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
The inaugural awards took place at Shendish Manor in Hemel Hemstead, with the winners decided by public vote.