Therfield pub toasts success after winning Hertfordshire Food and Drinks award
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Therfield is toasting a remarkable win after it received the Outstanding Service award at the first Hertfordshire Food and Drink Awards on Monday.
The Fox and Duck was also highly commended in the Best Gastro Pub category and commended for the Best Restaurant.
The pub, based in The Green, was the only entrant to be nominated in three categories and either win or be commended in all three.
Other winners on the night included The Buntingford Brewery in Royston, which won the award for Best Microbrewery.
For those who like a touch of class in their menu, Best Fine Dining Restaurant went to The Buntingford Kitchen in Buntingford. The restaurant was also crowned the overall winner.
You may also want to watch:
Best Gastro Pub was Hermit of Redcoats, situated between Hitchin and Stevenage, and Best Independent Butcher went to Hitchin company K Jones Butchers.
Hitchin also came out on top in the Best Artisan Bakery category with Quotidian being crowned the winner.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
The inaugural awards took place at Shendish Manor in Hemel Hemstead, with the winners decided by public vote.