Therfield youngsters enjoy outing to mark end of pre-school year
Therfield Village Pre-School enjoyed a summer day at the beach at Bury Lane Fun Barn.
The annual summer outing on Tuesday last week saw parents join their children and pre-school staff for a day, building some final memories with those leaving the school and celebrating the year they've had together.
The youngsters took full advantage of the fun barn and beach facilities a the site off the A10 near Melbourn, where the group then enjoyed picnics in the glorious sunshine.
Therfield pre-school's Tina Downing told the Crow: "The children absolutely loved it - they spent the day making sand cakes, digging with spades and using the scales to weigh out sand.
"Some of the children were very brave and went rock-climbing... maybe a little too brave!"
You may also want to watch:
In previous years, the pre-school has taken the children fun outings - including strawberry picking - to commemorate the end of the school year.
She added that trying to top the success of this year's summer outing would be quite a difficult feat.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 MP welcomes Secretary of State to biomedical campus