Therfield youngsters enjoy outing to mark end of pre-school year
Therfield Village Pre-School enjoyed a summer day at the beach at Bury Lane Fun Barn.
The annual summer outing on Tuesday last week saw parents join their children and pre-school staff for a day, building some final memories with those leaving the school and celebrating the year they've had together.
The youngsters took full advantage of the fun barn and beach facilities a the site off the A10 near Melbourn, where the group then enjoyed picnics in the glorious sunshine.
Therfield pre-school's Tina Downing told the Crow: "The children absolutely loved it - they spent the day making sand cakes, digging with spades and using the scales to weigh out sand.
"Some of the children were very brave and went rock-climbing... maybe a little too brave!"
In previous years, the pre-school has taken the children fun outings - including strawberry picking - to commemorate the end of the school year.
She added that trying to top the success of this year's summer outing would be quite a difficult feat.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash