The Whaddon Wobblers do a Moonwalk
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to moonwalk through Central London to raise money for charity. The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19. One of
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to 'moonwalk' through Central London to raise money for charity.
The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19.
One of the Wobblers, Anne Newberry, said: "We are trying to raise as much money as possible.
"We are hoping to raise £1000. But every penny counts."
Along with Lorna Green, Ginny Partridge, and Judi Burgess, the team will be raising money for cancer care and cancer research.
The women, all in their 30s and 40s, will start the walk just before midnight dressed as mermaids.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
The Playtex Moonwalk, which was started 10 years ago, began as a once-only fundraising event, and is now a national charity that has raised more than £20million for breast cancer research and cancer care.
Anyone wishing to offer their support can contact Anne on 01223 207555.