The Whaddon Wobblers do a Moonwalk
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to moonwalk through Central London to raise money for charity. The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19. One of
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to 'moonwalk' through Central London to raise money for charity.
The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19.
One of the Wobblers, Anne Newberry, said: "We are trying to raise as much money as possible.
"We are hoping to raise £1000. But every penny counts."
You may also want to watch:
Along with Lorna Green, Ginny Partridge, and Judi Burgess, the team will be raising money for cancer care and cancer research.
The women, all in their 30s and 40s, will start the walk just before midnight dressed as mermaids.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The Playtex Moonwalk, which was started 10 years ago, began as a once-only fundraising event, and is now a national charity that has raised more than £20million for breast cancer research and cancer care.
Anyone wishing to offer their support can contact Anne on 01223 207555.