The Whaddon Wobblers do a Moonwalk
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to moonwalk through Central London to raise money for charity. The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19. One of
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to 'moonwalk' through Central London to raise money for charity.
The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19.
One of the Wobblers, Anne Newberry, said: "We are trying to raise as much money as possible.
"We are hoping to raise £1000. But every penny counts."
Along with Lorna Green, Ginny Partridge, and Judi Burgess, the team will be raising money for cancer care and cancer research.
The women, all in their 30s and 40s, will start the walk just before midnight dressed as mermaids.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 2 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 3 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 4 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
- 5 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 6 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 7 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 8 Royston Kite Festival expected to attract thousands
- 9 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 10 Double murderer Ian Stewart has whole life order reduced
The Playtex Moonwalk, which was started 10 years ago, began as a once-only fundraising event, and is now a national charity that has raised more than £20million for breast cancer research and cancer care.
Anyone wishing to offer their support can contact Anne on 01223 207555.