The Whaddon Wobblers do a Moonwalk
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to moonwalk through Central London to raise money for charity. The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19. One of
Four women from Whaddon are preparing to 'moonwalk' through Central London to raise money for charity.
The Whaddon Wobblers will join 15,000 women to power walk around the 26-mile marathon course as part of the Playtex Moonwalk on Saturday, May 19.
One of the Wobblers, Anne Newberry, said: "We are trying to raise as much money as possible.
"We are hoping to raise £1000. But every penny counts."
You may also want to watch:
Along with Lorna Green, Ginny Partridge, and Judi Burgess, the team will be raising money for cancer care and cancer research.
The women, all in their 30s and 40s, will start the walk just before midnight dressed as mermaids.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The Playtex Moonwalk, which was started 10 years ago, began as a once-only fundraising event, and is now a national charity that has raised more than £20million for breast cancer research and cancer care.
Anyone wishing to offer their support can contact Anne on 01223 207555.