The future Miss Hertfordshire?
AN aspiring performing arts student hopes to put Buntingford on the map by being crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2007. Seventeen-year-old Laura Nuttall has reached the final of the competition after sailing through the opening auditions and rounds. The forme
AN aspiring performing arts student hopes to put Buntingford on the map by being crowned Miss Hertfordshire 2007.
Seventeen-year-old Laura Nuttall has reached the final of the competition after sailing through the opening auditions and rounds.
The former Freman College student said: "To represent Buntingford in such a big competition is an honour and a privilege.
"It would be amazing to win, however, it's just nice to get this far and take part."
You may also want to watch:
Laura beat more than 200 girls to reach the final, which will be held at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, on May 28. The finalists will compete in front of a panel of judges, including Miss England 2006.
Laura who is also raising funds for the Isabel Hospice and Make-A-Wish Foundation added: "As a performing arts student I love being on stage and this will be a great experience for me.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme