‘The best friend you could ask for’ – Family pays tribute to motorcyclist originally from Litlington after fatal crash
- Credit: Archant
The family of a 28-year-old motorcyclist originally from Litlington who died after a crash on Saturday afternoon has today paid heartfelt tribute to their son and brother.
Christopher Wilson – known as ‘Ginge’ to his friends – died after his prized Kawasaki motorbike was involved in a crash with a car in Cheshunt, where he had moved with his family after growing up in Litlington.
And his older brother Ricki said he had been ‘the best friend that you could ask for’.
Mum Susan said: “He was a typical boy but he loved his dogs, his motocross and he would do anything for his true friends.
“He worked to pay for his bike to do his racing. He put his heart and soul into it.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Mark added: “He tried to be hard but actually there was a very sensitive person underneath.
“He thought everything was fun and lived life day to day.”
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'
The fatal crash in which Christopher was involved happened in Fairways on the New River Industrial Estate in Cheshunt. The car involved was a white Audi Q3.
The keen motocross racer was also a keen Chelsea football fan, a passion he shared with his dad and brother. They also enjoyed fishing as a family.
A fundraising motocross race is being held this Sunday in Christopher’s memory at Motoland UK in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, starting at 9.30am.
There will be a minute’s silence before the race begins. Everyone is welcome to attend.